Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown and EnableLoadOnDemand: Can the already loaded data be cleared or removed?
posted

Hello,

I'm using several WebDropDown inside a modal WebDialogWindow.

Szenario: The user can select an data object inside a grid and then choose to edit this item via the dialog. After closing the dialog the user can edit another item via the dialog and so on without reloading the web page.

Since some of the WebDropDowns have up to 5k items I like LoadOnDemand being enabled. But what I noticed is that if a WebDropDown has e. g. loaded most of its data items when executing the dialog, it will hold all the loaded items. As a result opening the dialog will be slowed down the more often I open the dialog because the WebDropDowns carry all their data items with them.

This is entirely not the intended behaviour. I would like to have the WebDropDowns initially containing the first page of data items and load the rest on demand every time I open the dialog. In other words I'd like the WebDropDowns to be "re-initialized" every time the dialog opens.

I've played around with view states but have not found a clue yet how to do that (besides reloading the whole page what I don't relly want).

I think this should be simple to achieve but I can't see how?

Parents Reply Children