Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to use Row Editing Template to add new row.
posted

I have a RowEditingTemplate that is being used to edit the row. How can I use the same templte to add a row?

I've checked http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/60144/305361.aspx#305361 but that solution requires commiting the record first.

I need to display the RowEditingTemplate when the user wants to add new row and based on OK buttion of the RowEditingTemplate commit the record.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi akhavany,

Thank you for posting in the community.

I am attaching a sample demonstrating how the Row editing template may be used for adding new rows in the grid by handling the template closed event of the template along with displaying the RET upon clicking on the AddRow selector. Below is the relevant javascript code used:

Code Snippet
    1. function WebDataGrid1_RowEditing_TemplateClosed(sender, eventArgs)
    2. {
    3.     ///<summary>
    4.     ///
    5.     ///</summary>
    6.     ///<param name="sender" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.WebDataGrid"></param>
    7.     ///<param name="eventArgs" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.EditRowEventArgs"></param>
    9.     //check if the row to be updated is the new row (always returns index of -1)
    10.     if (eventArgs.get_row().get_index() == -1) {
    11.         ig_controls.WebDataGrid1.get_behaviors().get_editingCore().get_behaviors().get_rowAdding()._commitRow();
    12.         //Add code to handle your event here.
    13.     }
    14. }
    17. function WebDataGrid1_Grid_Click(sender, eventArgs)
    18. {
    19.     ///<summary>
    20.     ///
    21.     ///</summary>
    22.     ///<param name="sender" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.WebDataGrid"></param>
    23.     ///<param name="eventArgs" type="Infragistics.Web.UI.ItemEventArgs"></param>
    25.     //check if the clicked item is the AddRow selector
    26.     if ((eventArgs.get_item().get_index() != null) && (eventArgs.get_item().get_index()==-1)) {
    27.         //debugger;
    28.         var RET = ig_controls.WebDataGrid1.get_behaviors().get_editingCore().get_behaviors().get_rowEditingTemplate();
    29.         RET.enterEditMode(eventArgs.get_item());
    31.     }
    33. }

Please let me know if this helps.

Children