Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.
posted

We have a very large grid that is populated with data just fine. When we try to filter, we get the following message:

Exception type: InvalidOperationException
    Exception message: Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.
   at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Serialize(Object obj, StringBuilder output, SerializationFormat serializationFormat)
   at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Serialize(Object obj, StringBuilder output)
   at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.CallbackObject.GetResponse(String viewState, String eventValidation, Object[] additionalScripts)
   at Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.RunBot.RenderPageCallBack(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control control)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have added the following to the config file to increase the maxJsonLength and made it the maximum allowed (value is an integer)

<system.web.extensions>
    <scripting>
      <webServices>
        <jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="2147483647"/>
      </webServices>
    </scripting>
  </system.web.extensions>

But I'm still getting the error. I'm using 11.1.2064 grid. Paging is not an option in this case. So it seems that the grid performs the filtering on the client and generates Json data to work with.

Alex

Parents Reply Children