Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to control display (open/closed) of webdropdown listbox?
posted

I have a series of webdropdown controls on my page which utilize Javascript and server-side methods to dynamically add/remove values from the lists.  For example, if I have 3 webdropdown controls, each has a list of numbers 1-10.  After the user picks number 1 in the first webdropdown, number 1 must be removed from the other two webdropdown lists (since it's already used).  If the user picks number 2 in the second webdropdown, number 2 must be removed from the first and third webdropdown lists.

My question is...after the user picks a number, the page does a postback and as the code is stripping off the number from each dropdownlist (box), that dropdownlist automatically opens to show the updated list.  Is there a property/method that can control this and always keep the dropdownlist closed unless the user explicitly clicks on the arrow to open it?

Thank you,
Chris

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting in the community.

In this case I suggest that you try handling the Initialize client-side event of your WebDropDowns and calling:

sender.closeDropDown();

Please let me know if this helps.

Children