Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebExcelExporter IE8 & IE9
posted

We re having issues with the WebExcelExporter.  We are currently using  version 11.2.20112.2086 of the ASP.Net controls.  When exporting a webdatagrid  in IE 9, all works well, the webdatagrid is exported to Excel.  In IE8, instead of exporting the webdatagrid to Excel, it is exporting the webdatagrid to aspx rather than Excel. 

ASPX Code

<ig:WebExcelExporter ID="WebExcelExporter1" runat="server"

DownloadName="ChargeCodeSummary(FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY)"

DataExportMode

="AllDataInDataSource">

</ig:WebExcelExporter>

protected void btnExportGrid_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Infragistics.Documents.Excel.

WorkbookFormat excelFormat = Infragistics.Documents.Excel.WorkbookFormat.Excel2007;

Workbook wBook = new Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook(excelFormat);

Worksheet ws = wBook.Worksheets.Add("Sheet1");

ws.PrintOptions.Footer =

"*** FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY ***";

ws.PrintOptions.Orientation = Infragistics.Documents.Excel.

Orientation.Landscape;

WebExcelExporter1.Export(

this.wdgReport, wBook.Worksheets["Sheet1"]);

}

Anyone have any ideas what may be happening?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.  We are stumped.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello itdepartmentsts,

I have created a sample based on your description and I was able to reproduce the described by you behavior.

There is a development issue logged about this behavior in our issue tracking system with ID – 103548.

I have created a new support case in your behalf with number – CAS-88155-R179ZK – in this case you will receive additional information about status of the issue.

As a temporary workaround I can suggest you to use the following code in your export method:

WebExcelExporter1.ExportMode = Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.ExportMode.InBrowser;

You can also use RTM build for 11.2 (1019) for now if possible as a second workaround.

Thank you for your cooperation regarding this issue.

Children