Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataWebGrid- Clicking on row selector throws an error
posted

I am using Infragistics webdatagrid v11.1.For eg: I have 3 columns id, name,gender in my webDG. When I double click on any of the rows, I want the row ID to be retrieved. I have achieved this using the below code.It works fine only if I click on the row elements. But when I dblclick on the row selector tab (leftmost) or the table header it throws a js exception( Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'get_row). Please help on resolving this issue.

I want to do the same function when a row is dblClicked / when row selector is dblclicked.

<ig:WebDataGrid ID="WebDataGrid1" runat="server" Height="350px" Width="400px"
            ViewStateMode="Enabled" EnableAjax="False" ClientEvents-DoubleClick="webDataGrid_DblClick1">

Corresponding javascript function:

<script type="text/javascript" id="webGridScr">
<!--
    function webDataGrid_DblClick1(sender, eventArgs) {
         var newSelectedCell1 = eventArgs.get_item().get_row().get_cellByColumnKey("RowID").get_text();
        var newSelectedCell2 = eventArgs.get_item().get_row().get_cellByColumnKey("Name").get_text();

alert("the value is" + newSelectedCell1 + newSelectedCell2);
        form1.submit();
        } 
//-->
</script>

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi prathi84,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

If you want to use the DoubleClick client-side event, I would suggest you to use the following code to get the value from the first cell of the selected row:

function doubleClick(sender, eventArgs) {

var selectedRow = sender.get_behaviors().get_selection().get_selectedRows(0);

var IDValue = selectedRow.getItem(0).get_cellByColumnKey("ID").get_text();

alert('The value is: ' + IDValue);

}

It seems to me that there is no double click event of the row selectors. However, there is RowSelectorClicked event:

<Behaviors>

<ig:RowSelectors>

<RowSelectorClientEvents RowSelectorClicked="rowSelectorClicked" />

</ig:RowSelectors>

</Behaviors>

And the handler should look something like the following:

function rowSelectorClicked(sender, eventArgs) {

var IDValue = eventArgs.get_row().get_cellByColumnKey("id").get_text();

alert('The value is: ' + IDValue)

}

Please let me know if this helps.

Children