Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multiple controls with the same ID 'it0_0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
posted

I was working on 2 WebDataGrid controls where in the selected records can be interchanged when a button is clicked. example: I can transfer the values of grid1-> A,B,C,D,E to grid2 and vice versa. I did this on the server side by manipulating the datasources (List<T>) of both WebdataGrids. On the third time that I interchanged the records, the error "Multiple controls with the same ID 'it0_0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs. " was encountered.

Please note of the code below when I change the datasource and rebind:

• grdAssigned.ClearDataSource();
  • grdUnassigned.ClearDataSource();
  • grdAssigned.DataSource = assignedList;
  • grdAssigned.DataBind();
  • grdUnassigned.DataSource = unassignedList;
  • grdUnassigned.DataBind();

This is the first time I am working with WebDataGrids. Please let me know how to fix this or if there are patches that can be downloaded that would address the issue. I tried work arounds mentioned on the other threads, so far none of it was able to fix my concern.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi alex_jupitersystems,

Thank you for posting in the community.

I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please find the attached sample, replicating the scenario you have described.

If you need further assistance on the matter please do not hesitate to ask.

WDGTransferRows.zip
Children