Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem regarding Scatterchart with datevalues at the x Axis
posted

Hello NG,

is use a scatterchart to display Values over a timespan. Unfortunately there can be data at a very close timespan, then nothing over a while and then again some data at very close time.

Now i face the following Problems

The Date is not displayed in the X Axis Labels correctly if i choose to display a larger timespan.

Here i chosse to display the Month July, 2 Datarows are found the Labels in the X Axis are displayed correctly.

Here i choose a Date from July to September, 3 Datarows, 2 from July, 1 from August

As you can see, the chart does not draw the Datevalues, i would not need all Datevalues, just a Datevalue at the x Axis where a point from the Scatterchart is drawn.

The second problem is, that the leftmost Datapoint nearly dissapears from the Chart ...

How can i solve this problems?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stefan

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Stefan,

My apologies for the delayed response and any inconvenience it may have caused.

I investigated your scenario and it seems that the dates for your long period scenario are not shown because there are too many tickmarks shown on your chart, i.e. there is no "space" to show the dates.

There different ways to configure tickmark display are outlined in our documentation at:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/Chart_Display_Data_on_a_Time_Scale_Axis.html

I have created a sample for you which follows your scenario where the dates are not shown because the data interval period is too small. I've also commented out some code which illustrates another setup which can lead to the same outcome, and a possible TickmarkStyle setting to avoid the situation.

For clarity, here is the C# code:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            DataTable dt = new DataTable();
            dt.Columns.Add("Date",typeof(System.DateTime));
            dt.Columns.Add("ValueX", typeof(System.Int32));

dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { new DateTime(2011,5,7), 13 });
            dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { new DateTime(2011,6,7), 15});
            dt.Rows.Add(new object[] { new DateTime(2011, 9, 7), 25 });

NumericTimeSeries series = new NumericTimeSeries();
            series.Data.DataSource = dt;
            series.Data.TimeValueColumn = "Date";
            series.Data.ValueColumn = "ValueX";
            series.DataBind();

UltraChart1.Series.Add(series);

UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.AxisTickStyle.DataInterval;
            UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkIntervalType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.AxisIntervalType.Days;
            UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkInterval = 3;

//same thing using style set to a small percentage
            //UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.AxisTickStyle.Percentage;
            //UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkPercentage = 3.0;

//this should work fine
            //UltraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.AxisTickStyle.Smart;
        }

Hope this helps. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Petar Ivanov
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    http://es.infragistics.com/support

WebChartSample.zip
Children