Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Handle CustomSummaries result even in paging.
posted

Hello, I was able to handle custom summary base from this infragistics article, But base from this code

The foreach code will only iterate in the presents rows in a page only. 

What I want is to summed up all rows from the whole return datasource. This code is wrong right 

foreach(var gr in WebHierarchicalDataGrid1.Rows)

I'm looking for a code that will dig all results from a datasource. so I can show the summed up values from page to page.

Note : Non Custom Summaries summed all results from result, even from page to page.

I hope I can implement the same functionality in CustomSummary.

Please take a look this undesired results and notice how the non custom summary value retain the sum even in paging.

Thank you and best regards,

Sherwin

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi Sherwin,

When you want to calculate a custom summary, it is up to you to calculate it.  You are correct in the fact that the rows will only contain rows on the page.  You'll have to iterate through your data source one by one.  What may help is off the grid (the sender in the event), you can do GetDataView().DataAdapter.Records.GetOriginalEnumerator() to get access to the original data.  This should return all of it depending upon the data source.  Use that to calculate the standard deviation.

regards,
    David Young 

Reply Children