Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Edits not changing GridRecordItem
posted

I have a WebDataGrid bound to a DataSource. The columns are not being autogenerated. I've made edits to the items in the WebDataGrid.  However,  I'm not seeing the changes reflected in the GridRecordItem when I loop thru the rows. I was expecting to see the changed values in objGridRecordItem.Text,  but  I'm still seeing the original values prior to my edits.
What am I doing wrong?

Ed T

Private Sub WebDataGridLoop()
        Dim strColumnName As String
        Dim objGridRecordItem As GridRecordItem
        Dim objBoundDataField As BoundDataField
        Dim i As Integer

For Each row As GridRecord In Me.wdgInvoiceServiceFeeDefault.Rows

Dim objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault As New InvoiceServiceFeeDefault

i = row.Items.Count

For i = 0 To (i - 1)

objGridRecordItem = row.Items(i)
                objBoundDataField = row.Items(i).Column
                strColumnName = objBoundDataField.DataFieldName

Select Case strColumnName
                    Case AutoSignupDefaultInvoiceServiceFeeDCSchema.InvoiceServiceTypeID
                        objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault.InvoiceServiceTypeID = objGridRecordItem.Text
                    Case AutoSignupDefaultInvoiceServiceFeeDCSchema.ServiceUnitID
                        objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault.ServiceUnitID = objGridRecordItem.Text
                    Case AutoSignupDefaultInvoiceServiceFeeDCSchema.ServiceFreeQty
                        objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault.ServiceFreeQty = objGridRecordItem.Text
                    Case AutoSignupDefaultInvoiceServiceFeeDCSchema.ServiceFee
                        objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault.ServiceFee = objGridRecordItem.Text
                End Select

Next

Me.InvoiceServiceFeeDefaultInsert(objInvoiceServiceFeeDefault)

Next

End Sub 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

I would bet you're running that procedure before the rowupdating event so you'll only see the old values. In the Rowupdating event you can see both.  After that (in the rowupdated event) you'll only see the new ones.

Ed

Children