Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Resource Name
posted

From what I can tell, resourceName is unique and used as the link between resource and activity.  That means that resourceName is also the name that is displayed on the various day/week/month views.  Is there a way (javascript?) to change the displayed resourceName to something more legible (i.e. FirstName + LastName)?   I'm using the Resource/Activity in a scenario where conflicts will happen so I am having to use a Guid as the resourcName to ensure uniqueness.  Possibly I missed the capability to change the Displayed Name, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Parents
    posted

I think I might have found my own answer, but I'll be testing this out with the included sql adapter.  I have found this in the api.

The Key is used to lookup and administer the Resource instance in it's collection, and is distinct from the Name which identifies the Resource in a user-friendly manner. For example, a Resource may have the Key 17, while having a more memorable Name such as "Bob."

The Key value -999 is reserved for use by the UnassignedResource, and cannot be specified for other resources in a scheduling application.

Reply Children