Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Quick question: How do I get server-side notification of a selection change from a DropDown Provider?
posted

I have successfully added a DropDown Provider in my WebDataGrid, and it correctly displays the selections available to the user.

I am trying to determine how to get the OnSelectionChanged event back to my server-side code...

What are the arguments to the OnSelectionChanged method? I can't find them anywhere...

Thanks!

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi,

The OnSelectionChanged server event will not be raised for the DropDown Provider.  None of the editor server events will be raised in fact, because they are providers and are embedded in the grid, they don't exist on the page itself, hence their events will not be raised.  The client events for the editor providers will be raised at the correct times you can handle these to see the selection changed.  If you want to see the actual value of the cell and what it was changed to on the server you can handle the RowUpdating or RowUpdated event.

Thanks,
    Olga

Reply Children