Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Creating grid definition at runtime
posted

I'm trying to create a page that users can use to manage values in many of our reference tables.  I am trying to use a WebDropDown to allow the users to select the table to edit and then I will build the columns, behaviors, and editorproviders based on the definition of that table.

One of the common columns among all of our reference tables is "Active".  I would like to represent these values with a DropDownProvider (True, False).  Do I need to create two separate DropDownProviders?  One for CellEditing and another one for RowAdding?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Update:

When I try to do an update, I keep receiving the following error from the client I believe since it appears in a popup window.

[HttpException]: Multiple controls with the same ID 'controlID' were found.  FindControl requires that controls have unique ID's.

I receive this error whether I define 1 DropDownProvider for both Editing and Adding or 1 for each Editing and Adding.

When I break into the code and check values in the CommandWindow, I only see one EditorProvider with this ID.

Sincerely,

Stumped by Infragistics again

Children