Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Access item value and OnValueChange event (final value change event)
posted

Hello,

I am using build number 9.1.2087. Here is my sample code:

<ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" runat="server" DropDownAnimationType="Linear" TextField="Keyword_Description" ValueField="Keyword_Description" EnableAutoFiltering ="Server" DropDownContainerHeight="150px" DropDownContainerMaxHeight="0px" EnableAutoCompleteFirstMatch ="False" DropDownContainerWidth="200px" LoadingItemsMessageText="Loading" AutoPostBackFlags-SelectionChanged="On" EnableLoadOnDemand="True" Width="200px" EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect="true" EnableCustomValues="false" EnableDropDownAsChild="True" MultipleSelectionType="Checkbox" PageSize="20" EnableTheming="True" StyleSetName="Office2007Blue"> 

<HeaderTemplate>

<table style="width: 100%; height:40px; background-color:#507DA6; color:White; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">

<tr>
<td style="width: 100px;">Keyword #</td>
<td style="width: 250px;">Description</td>

</tr>
</table>

</HeaderTemplate>

<DropDownItemBinding TextField="Keyword_Description" ValueField="Keyword_Uniq" /> 

<ItemTemplate>

<table style="width: 100%;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
<tr style=" border-bottom:solid 1px #ff0000;">
<td style="width: 100px;border-bottom:solid 1px #E8E8E8;"><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Keyword_ID")%></td>

<td style="width: 250px;padding-left:10px;border-bottom:solid 1px #E8E8E8;"><%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Keyword_Description")%></td>

</tr>

</table>

</ItemTemplate>

</ig:WebDropDown>

On a server side code I need to access Keyword_ID. How can I get access to all the columns in the drop down list?

Also, I need to do some logic only after the final value is selected or typed in. What event can I put my code in.

I tried WebDropDown1_SelectionChanged and WebDropDown1_ValueChanged but these fire everytime user types something in. I need to fire this event only after user clicks on the item or the full match is found and selected.

How can I do this?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi,

You can try setting AutoSelectOnMatch=false. We introduced this property recently, and it won't fire selection every time you type something and there is more than 1 match.  Also if you have ValueChanged postback flag set, it is the expected behavior to have the event fired every time you type something, hence you will get postback every time you type something. For this I advise to just have postback for SelectionChanged event (ValueChanged will still fire on the server).

Hope it helps,

Angel 

Reply Children