Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to add editor provider?
posted

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this product. I have got problem about adding editor provider into the cells.

Firstly, I can get a DataTable object at runtime, so the number of columns and row are not fixed number. I want to bind this DataTable object to my WebDataGrid control.

Then, what I have done is: 1) I set this.WebDataGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = false; 2) I create BoundDataField object at runtime and add this object to the column collection.

For some columns in the DataTable object I want combo box in the cells. For some other columns I want text box with MultipleLine mode in the cells. I have got a column called "Comment", which could hold 500 words in it. I want to show all the words to the users only when they click on the cell.

1) How can I add cell editor into the grid?

2) How can I hide the loooong text and display them when users click the particular cell?

Many thanks

Regards,

Xiaosu

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Yes, It is possible to use a dropdown editor provider for the WebDataGrid out of the box. You can refer to the following sample:

https://es.infragistics.com/samples/aspnet/data-grid/dropdown-editors => WebDataGrid => Editors => DropDown Editors 

Regarding multi-line mode, you can use a TemplatedColumn for the WebDataGrid, and add any HTML element inside it (with the necessary number of lines for the textbox), to achieve that functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Angel 

Children