Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDown is incorrectly positioned in IE8 and FF 3.0.10
posted

I'd brought this up in an earlier post: "WebDropDown DropDownItem set_disabled() not behaving as expected":

I'd observed the positioning of the DropDownProvider/Editor for a WebDataGrid is incorrect in IE8
It is occurring in FF 3.0.10 as well.

I'd accepted the work-around of running IE8 in compatibility mode, but missed this behavior in FF 3.0.8 (and later)

The problem is easy to reproduce:

·        Attach a DropDownProvider to a WebDataGrid column

·        Adjust the height of the WebDataGrid so a scrollbar is present for the grid when data is available

·        Scroll down the grid

·        Click/open the dropdown

·        Observe the drop down is not correctly positioned

Additionally, the DropDownItem set_disabled() does not work in FF 3.0.10 - period

Thank you!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue (about the positioning) . It has been already fixed internally (for WebDataGrid) , and will be available in the forecoming Service packs. 

About set_disabled() in FF 3.0.10 - i have FF 3.0.10 and when i use the following code, it works fine:

<asp:Button Text="Disable Item" runat="server" OnClientClick="disableItem(); return false;" />

Then in some <script> tag in the head:

function disableItem()

{

var dd = $find("WebDropDown1");

dd.get_items().getItem(1).set_disabled(true);

}

This will disable the second item in the list. There was a bug described in this forum post:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/24810.aspx

But it was referring to set_disabled(false) , to re-enable the item. I suppose you mean that you cannot disable an item now, under FF 3.0.10 ? 

Thanks,

Angel 

Children