Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I display a "loading..." message while page is processing
posted

We have a number of web pages that spend some time doing some background processing, and would like to have a transparent "loading..." gif or progress bar shown on the web page to give the web user some feedback that something is happening. I note that a number of the Infragistics examples do this, but I cannot see how and I cannot find any documentation on it's implementation. Any help would be most appreciated.

Parents
    posted

The infragistics controls have a 'progress indicator' built into them.  The WebTab, and WebAsyncRefreshPanel can be used as AJAX Containers which will give you async capabilities and also give you an automatic progress indicator.  The grid has it's own progress indicator as well, for when it is performing an Async task.  And as a final option, the Microsoft AJAX UdatePanel also provides progress bar functionality.  If you're coding your own ajax, you may be better of simply showing a hidden div when the request is opened, and hidding the div again when the response has been received.

-Tony

Reply Children