Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Databinding to a LLBLGenProDataSource not working?
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to see if I can migrate some of our existing UltraWebGrids to the new WebDataGrid, but I'm having one big issue: the databinding to a LLBLGenProDataSource doesn't seem to work. I created a test page with one LLBLGenProDataSourc and three grids: a WebDataGrid, a UltraWebGrid and a standard GridView. I assigned the one datasource to all of the grids (using the smarttags) and all the designtime features are available for all grids (like the columns etc). However, when I run the application, only the UltraWebGrid and the GridView contain data, and the WebDataGrid stay completely empty (the correct columns are shown however).

Do I have to do something special for this to get working with the WebDataGrid, or is it just a bug?

Parents
No Data
    posted

WebDataGrid is designed to support and tested against all type of stock .Net data sources, we haven't tested with the LLBLGenProDataSource however. Since your test works with the WebGrid and GridView, it should work with the WebDataGrid as well. Can you double check to make sure that "AutoGenerateColumns" is set to true.  Try with EnableAjax set to true/false if that makes any different and same with EnableDataViewState property.

Also, try with the regular SQLDataSource control just to check to see if you can get it to use a DataSource control do display data on your pages.

-Taz.

Children