Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hot fix upgrade issues
posted

I've not been able to install any of the latest hot fixes to my Infragistics development computer.  The ASP.NET hot fix says I either don't have them installed or the version is incorrect.  My current installations are as follow:

1. NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0
  2. NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 3.5
  3. NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 2 CLR 2.0

Also is there a simple list of upgrade/hot fix history available for the above Vol/CLR combination anywhere on the Infragistics site?  Very confusing..

Cheers,

Parents
    posted

The name of the hot fix you want will match the name of the product you installed.  Whether you installed the "ASP.NET", "Windows Forms", or ".NET" product makes a difference.  Check your "Add/Remove Programs" dialog from your Windows Control Panel if you're not absolutely certain what you have installed.

For instance, if you installed "NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0", then you need the hot fix for "NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0".  The hot fix for "NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0" will not work.

I didn't think that "NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 3.5" would list itself like this in your Add/Remove Programs dialog.  Since we only provide CLR 3.5 assemblies for our ASP.NET tools, I'd expect this to instead be listed as :NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 3.5".

You can find lists of what was fixed in all hot fixes for a particular version of the toolset from our Bug Search page.  Rather than providing a direct link and instructions on how to create a query through this interface, it's easier to refer to some links to some pre-built searches.  You can find these links from our Hot Fix blogs, which we update whenever a hot fix is released.  For the most recent hot fix as of the time of this forum post, you can go to this blog post to find links to the search results.

Reply Children