Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error creating control
posted

<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics45.Web.v20.1, Version=20.1.20201.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb" Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>

Opening form with grid in designer in VS 2022 cause the error:

At the same time opening same project, same form in VS 2019 does not: 

While it still buildable and functioning after rebuild in VS 2022 but it is impossible to  interactively edit it.. any ideas how to fix it.

Thanks.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Michael, 

According to our Supported Environments topic, the support for VS 2022 is coming with version 21.2 so I recommend you upgrading to it in order to use VS 2022. In addition to this I am attaching a small sample that demonstrates adding the WebDataGrid control and changing some of its properties from the designer. 

You can download the sample here.

One additional thing that I would like to point out is that, currently the ig_res folder is not getting imported to the project when opening the designer, this is due to the fact that the timing of the Visual Studio release at the very end of the 2021.2 product cycle made it hard to integrate this feature. A simple resolution to this is copying the ig_res folder and then pressing “Show All Files” in the solution explorer, after that all it needs to be done is right clicking on the ig_res folder and selecting “Include to solution”. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards,
    Ivan Kitanov

Reply Children
No Data