Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Image files in ig_common folder
posted

I am testing out several controls and attempting to apply various styles (Office 2003, etc.). While I was able to get the controls to display properly on my production IIS server by copying the ig_common folder into the site's root directory, I have been unable to get the controls to render properly from within Visual Studio (including the Infragistics Quick Design menus) or when running on the ASP.Net Development Server - makes it difficult to test out new styles since I have to build the site and copy it over to my production server each time I want to view a change.

I have verified that the "ig_common" and "Themes" subdirectories have been installed to the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETClientFiles\" directory.

Anybody run into this issue before?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

Thanks for writing. Yes, this is a deployment scenario we are aware of - sometimes developers do not have IIS installed on their local machines, hence the global virtual direcory ig_common used by default will not work while developing locally.

For situtations like this, we have exposed the StyleSetPath and StyleSetName properties for each control, and you can copy the ig_res folder locally in your website while developing. You can also use web.config to map that globally for all IG controls on page.

More information and this topic and different deployment scenarios are discussed in this forum thread, which I hope you will find useful:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/6462/27800.aspx#27800 

Please, let me know if this helps. 

Children