Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How To Modify Editable Field When Entering Edit Mode
posted

I have a webdatagrid with a date time in an editable cell that's formatted to just show the date (and not the time). When I click on the cell, I have event handlers that trigger (for EnteringEditMode) and I want to use the handler to edit the text that appears in the edit box that pops up. Currently the text in the edit box that appears is showing the full date time when I only need the date portion of that. I'd be curious to know if there's a way to do this with just a datamask (like the one I have for the field itself when it's not being edited, making only the date appear), however, I'm also very interested to know if there's a way to edit the text manually so I can parse and modify strings in editable fields for other data types as needed.

I guess the operative question in general is for both EnteringEditMode and ExitingEditMode, how do I get the value of the text that's currently in the editable box.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

The default behavior of the grid is showing only the date. You can see the attached sample below. If you want you can use our editor provider and you can set through them the mask that you need.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact us.

webDataGrid.zip
Children