Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do i split a cell in a igtbl at run time?
posted

How do i split a cell in a igtbl at run time? i have a column value like #6/#9E/#9M ,when this comes in the grid it has to be splited into 3 new rows in the next column like  #6

#9E

#9M

Required output

=================================================================================================================

|#6/#9E/#9M--|----- #6--------|
|----------------|-----#9E-------|
|----------------|------#9M-----|
|----------------|----------------|
|----------------|----------------|

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Yemini,

UltraWebGrid'sBeforeCellUpdateclientside event may be handled in this scenario in order to add 3 new rows beneath the edited one and set the corresponding cell values based on the input in the original cell. For instance:

function UltraWebGrid1_BeforeCellUpdateHandler(gridName, cellId, value){
        var grid = igtbl_getGridById('UltraWebGrid1');

for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
            grid.Rows.addNew();

var row = grid.Rows.getRow(grid.Rows.length - 1);
            //split value based on app logic
            row.cells[1].setValue(value.substring(0,i + 1));

grid.Rows.remove(grid.Rows.length - 1, true);
            grid.Rows.insert(row, igtbl_getCellById(cellId).Row.getIndex() + 1);
        }
    }

Please note that the UltraWebGrid control is now outdated and as of .NetAdvantage 2011 Volume 2 is no longer included in our product package. I would suggest that you consider switching to the WebDataGrid/WebHieararchicalDataGrid. More information regarding these controls is available at:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2011.2/CLR4.0/?page=Web_WebDataGrid_WebDataGrid.html

Additional samples demonstrating the features of these grids can be found at: http://samples.infragistics.com/aspnet/

Hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Children