Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to pass data to individual tabs on an UltraWebTab control
posted

I have a simple UltraWebTab design that has worked for years. Any user-specific is stored in session by the parent page that contains the UltraWebTab and then fetched by the page on whatever Tab the user navigates to. Now I am redesigning the web site to go away from session variables. How can I get the user data from the parent page down to the child pages on each tab? I am using query string variables in place of session variables throughout the rest of my code.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello mdraganza,

You can send some data through the pages displayed in the UltraWebTab in java script. For example you can get an instance of element from the tab1 named textbox1  like this:

var tab1 = ultraTab.Tabs[1];

var target = tab1.findControl("Textbox1");

Then you can just assign to this text box some data from your parent page. For additional reference check the attached sample. In it if you type something in the textbox from the first tab it will be transferred in tab2 when on AfterSelectedTabChanged event.

If you need any additional assistance on this please do not hesitate to ask.

WebTabSample.zip
Children