Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 2010 Question
posted

I have Visual Studio 2008 installed with my Infragistics controls.  We just purchased Visual Studio 2010 and I would like to install it as well as keep VS2008.  Can I do this and

how would I install my Infragistics controls in the VS2010 toolbox without screwing both environments up?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello legalke,

There is Toolbox Utility available with every ASP.NET installation that adds automatically all of our controls with certain version and CLR to Visual Studio toolbox.

The tool works for Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.

The tool is available for CLR 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 and is located by default in:

Start > All Programs > Infragistics > NetAdvantage 2012.1 > ASP.NET > Utilities > Create Toolbox Tab for CLR

Once run it will inspect your system and add our controls to the toolbox of corresponding Visual Studio installation. This means that when you run it for CLR 2.0 for example and you have VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 installed on same machine controls will be added in all these versions.

If you run it for CLR 4.0 however, controls will be added in Visual Studio 2010 only.

If the same controls were added previously they will be removed and added again.

More information you can find here - http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2012.1/CLR4.0/?page=Web_Getting_Started_Running_the_Toolbox_Utility.html

If you need further information let me know.

Children