Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to always display Embeded Editors like WebCombo in Grid?
posted

Hi all

How can I display an embeded Editor like WebCombo always anyway if the cell/row is in edit mode or not?

I mean it should be possible to see as end user that there is a comboBox in a field and if I click onto this editor (CobmoBox) then the dropdown should open imediateli and not the cell goes first into edit mode and then i need a second click to open the editor and a third click to choose the value.

Thank you for your help

Regards
Adrian

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Adrian,

For performance reasons, external grid editors are dynamically positioned over a cell only after that cell begins edit mode.  Take for instance a dropdown column.  Rather than having a WebComboBox created for each row, the grid re-uses a single combobox and positions it over the cell which is being edited.  Because of this, you must first put the cell into EditMode before the combobox will appear. 

You have a couple of alternatives.  You can also use a Cell Template to do the same thing, but you would have to hook up the data values yourself. 

The second option would be to use the WebGrid's client-side events to put the cell in edit mode and manually dropdown the webcombobox.  This is theoretically possible, but it would be tricky. 

-Tony

Children