Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamGrid and ColumnLayout columns
posted

Ok, so I am opening a new topic with this issue

Hi, I am Marko

I am having a problem understanding how this works:

http://samples.infragistics.com/sllob/RunSamples.aspx?cn=grid#/grid/handling-hierarchical-data-sets

Can someone please put here some sample project with Access database (I am using SQL 2008) so that I can see how do I get data from the database into the class objects and the into grid. I am asking this cause I can't understand this part with binding data to the columns:

Text="{Binding Source={StaticResource Strings} , Path=XWG_OrderDetails_Discount}"

This is how I load data into grid from database: I make new class "Users" and make method in service "GetUsers" that executes sql query and gets data from db onto list of objects of "Users" class and returns that list. When execution of the service method is completed I do this xamGrid1.ItemsSource = e.Result; and grid displays data.

How is this "http://samples.infragistics.com/sllob/RunSamples.aspx?cn=grid#/grid/handling-hierarchical-data-sets" different ? comparing to the my method described above??

PS.  Can someone please put here some sample project with Access database.

Please help me resolve this issue,

Best regards,

Marko

Parents Reply
    posted in reply to Jessie

Hi EkStaneva

Your solution works fine. Thank you very much for your help.

I have two more doubts but they are not so impostant, I am just gonna ask you if you know to solve them of the top of your head. Here is the picture:

1st one: Can you see the gap still exists only (i repeat only) after the first sub row "Opis problema"? How do I remove it?

2nd one: Can expansion indicator cell have two different styles??   One style on ordinary (parent) row and second style on sub row. I am asking this because I have set padding so that the arrow would be nicely visible on sub row expansion indicator cells where height of the cell is 15px. But that style

<Setter Property="Padding" Value="0 -2 0 0" />       <--  note !!
    <Setter Property="Margin" Value="0" />
    <Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Center" />
    <Setter Property="HorizontalContentAlignment" Value="Center" />
    <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Top" />
    <Setter Property="VerticalContentAlignment" Value="Top" />
    <Setter Property="Width" Value="30" />

applies on expansion indicator cells of parent rows too where height of the row is 26px so the arrow goes up. And is not vertically centered to "Center". It just doesn't look nice.

These ARE minor issues but I would like to solve them nevertheless.

Best regards.

Marko.

Children