Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
grouping problem on optional nested properties
posted

When binding to data from a WCF Data Service (aka oData), you often end up wanting to bind to nested properties on sub-objects that have been been "Expanded" into the main object:

<ig:TextColumn Key="SrvItem.SrvService.AccountID" />

The SrvItem object will either be null or a fully populated object with all its sub-objects also populated - the binding mechanism is smart enough to deal with nulls anywhere along the path - but when you go to group by the column, the grid throws an exception - presumably because that mechanism isn't smart enough to deal with nulls anywhere along the path.  It would be nice if this could be fixed.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

I am looking into this issue for you and I want to make sure I understand what you are doing. Is the situation that you have two objects / entities with a one to one relationship therefore you are displaying them on the same row, however, in some cases there is no corresponding related object / entity therefore those columns will be null and this causes an error when grouping by that column?

Valerie

Reply Children