Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multiple grids in one band?
posted

I don't know if this is possible, but here goes... I have a dataset containing three tables - one parent and two children.  I have relationships set up between the parent and each of the child tables, but not between the child tables as they have no common fields.  When I expand a row, I want both of the child tables to show in the same band.  Can it be done?

Parents
No Data
    posted

JebusJunkie,

Nice name, eh...

Even Microsoft Access doesn't display two child datatables in the same band.  If it realizes that you have multiple tables connected via primary keys and foreign keys it asks you to select the child table you want to view.  I think this is mostly a user interface issue - and not a data management or technical issue.  I mean, how would you display the contents of row one of talble one with row one of table two.  Odd, very odd...

But, how about prefilling a webcombo with the potential child tables that can then be used by the customer to select the child table he/she wants to view???  With some work, I think you could even place the webcombo inside a column in the parent table band.  You would have to rebuild the dataset and relations on a change in the webcombo.

Once the relation is set you will have a parent/child webgrid that the customer has chosen.

Not perfect, but I see no other way to visually cue the customer

Children