Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xammap navigation performance
posted

Hi,

I have latest version of XamMap (latest service release) and if I add 100 SymbolElements, and a shape file of 50kb with ~50 shapes, navigation (e.g. zooming in and out) gets already quite slow. I feel that the number of SymbolElements is affecting the performance quite drastically.(more than the size of the shapefile does) 

If I add 1000 SymbolElements (small .png file), Navigation becomes virtually impossible. On Bing Maps Silverlight control, I was previously able to add 5000 elements and navigate still quite smoothly.

The threshold of a smooth navigation is too low. I already add all the SymbolElements in one go to the ElementCollection, and 100 data points is not a whole lot.

This low performance is a show stopper for us using Infragistics XamMap (or stopper for buying additional licenses). Is there any way Infragistics could look at improving the performance?

Thanks for letting me know.

Roel

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Roel,

The performance was a known issue and we have improved it a lot in the upcoming release. We have tested it with 5000 (and above) SymbolElements and the performance is very good, panning and zooming are much smoother than before.

The performance improvement will be available first in the 2011.1 Release, which should be ready in the next 2 weeks. Please give it a try and let us know if it meets yout expectations.

Thanks,

Ivan Kotev

Children