Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Basic data binding w/WCF RIA
posted

Hi -

I am testing use of the xamGrid with WCF RIA services.  I have a couple of easy questions that I hoped someone could help with:

1) I am trying to utilize the functionality in xamGrid to create new records inline.  I was able to set the AllowAddNewRow property and see the capability in the GUI.  However, it doesn't seem to submit back to the domaindatasource?  Do I need to manually do this?  What are best practices in terms of where?  In the rowadded event handler?  How about for inline edit/delete?

2) I can't seem to edit existing data in the grid out-of-the-box.  I've looked through the properties and didn't see anything special I needed to set to enable?  What do I need to do here to enable?

BTW, the documentation seems pretty slim for the xamGrid.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place (help docs for silverlight 10.3) and someone can direct me elsewhere? 

Thanks!

Verified Answer
    posted

Hi,

In terms of how XamGrid is concerned, all you have to do is to:

1) Enable AddNewRow - this you have already done

2) Enable your preferred mode of editing, e.g.:

<ig:XamGrid.EditingSettings>

<ig:EditingSettings AllowEditing="Cell"/>

</ig:XamGrid.EditingSettings>

The rest of the configuration is specific to RIA:

1) You need to have "Insert" method off your DomainService class

2) You need to have "Update" method off your DomainService class

3) You need to call SubmitChanges() off your DomainDataSource

As the last three are specific to the RIA, that's why they are not described in Infragistics Help.

For more information see XamGrid Editing, AddNewRow,  WCF RIA Support.

See also this link.

HTH,