Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Basic data binding w/WCF RIA
posted

Hi -

I am testing use of the xamGrid with WCF RIA services.  I have a couple of easy questions that I hoped someone could help with:

1) I am trying to utilize the functionality in xamGrid to create new records inline.  I was able to set the AllowAddNewRow property and see the capability in the GUI.  However, it doesn't seem to submit back to the domaindatasource?  Do I need to manually do this?  What are best practices in terms of where?  In the rowadded event handler?  How about for inline edit/delete?

2) I can't seem to edit existing data in the grid out-of-the-box.  I've looked through the properties and didn't see anything special I needed to set to enable?  What do I need to do here to enable?

BTW, the documentation seems pretty slim for the xamGrid.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place (help docs for silverlight 10.3) and someone can direct me elsewhere? 

Thanks!