Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SL XamGrid: Data binding resolves only when grid visible?
posted

I have a Silverlight UI that includes a TabControl (Microsoft tab control) with several pages, and on one of the pages sits a grid.  Data is bound to the grid dynamically during the course of the application using a call to grid.ItemsSource. It seems that the data binding only resolves if the tab page holding the grid is visible (is the selected tab page).  Could this be true?  If the grid is visible, I am able to see all of the metadta for the grid's data (columns, etc.); however, if the grid is not visible, none of the data & metadata is available.

I am also experiencing other 'strange' behaviors in IG controls (such as the XamTree control) on other pages of the tab control when switching between pages.  Is there something that developers need to be aware of when hosting IG controls on pages of a TabControl?

(Note: I am using Infragistics 2010.2.)

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi, 

The XamGrid doesn't load its data, until its Loaded, which means its been added to the VisualTree. 

I haven't tried it out just yet, but i believe the TabControl only adds items to the VisualTree when a tab is selected, which is why the XamGrid wouldn't have loaded its data yet. 

As for the XamTree, what kind of issues are you running into?

-SteveZ

Children