Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Menu cut off by HtmlViewer
posted

I have a Silverlight full screen/frame app that I am building as a new chrome for an existing asp.net app. New stuff is being built in SL however, we still want to use the old pages. 

I am using the navigation framework with the xamMenu. I am using a drop down menu. It works fine.

In order to also use the .aspx pages I have created a SL page with the HtmlView control in it. I have UrlMappings that call the HtmlViewer page and pass it in the .aspx page URL and in the codebehind set that URL to HtmlViewer.

So... all the above works fine... my problem is this... When the HtmlViewer page is in the menuFrame the drop down menus are cut off right at the location where the HtmlViewer controls top is. 

I assume this is because the HtmlViewer control punches a hole in the SL app so you can view whats on the browser and the browser doesn't draw the SL menu. 

My question is, how can I solve this. My fear is the only way to do it is to put some type of event/commanding/trigger/whatever so that if the HtmlViewer is in the navigation frame it is disabled or visiblity set to collapsed. I have not even tried this though.

Has anyone run into this or have an idea how I can make the SL menus draw/show on top of the HtmlViewer control that is in my navigation frame?

Thanks,

BOb

(I wasn't sure if I should put this in the xamMenu section of the HtmlViewer section).

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

The XamHtmlViewer does not actually "punch a hole" in your app.  Quite the opposite, it overlays a standard <DIV> element on top of the Silverlight plugin, which is why you also have to have the plugins Windowless attribute set to true in order for the control to work.

Silverlight has no way to natively render HTML, and no way to embed a web browser control as a UI Element in non-out-of-browser applications, so this is really the only way to simulate showing HTML content in a Silverlight app.

Because the <DIV> always has a higher z-index than the plugin, you end up seeing the clipping behavior.   Unfortunatly there is no way to avoid it, short of the methods you mention, hiding the XamHtmlViewer when you detect the menu is open.

Devin

Children