Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Performance of xamPivotGrid
posted

I am curious, using the sample demonstrating serialization of the grid I can boost up the results to 100k

http://blogs.infragistics.com/forums/p/43476/239354.aspx#239354

If I then drop Amount of Sale onto the grid, this should create just about 1 row for every item in the Itemsource.  When I do this it hangs the grid for minutes.

I thought with virtualization in the controls this should be fast and only really load as I scroll.  Am I missing something?

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi, gfricke,

This performance is expected. It is not 1column that is added, but possibly about 400,000 if you add the Amount of Sale hierarchy to columns ;)

The thing is that Amount of Sale is meant to be just a measure and thus I have not added hierarchy metadata for it. As a result when you drop the default hierarchy in the grid the control would try to add each unique value as a column for each existing column. Those unique values are a lot and the number is multiplied by the number of existing expanded columns.

Notice that this "browser hanging" does not occur with any of the other hierarchies.

All the best,

Atanas

P.S. Visualization does not help in this case, because all values have to be recalculated based on the new query. If you were displaying non-dynamic data there would have been significant performance boost, but not with cube data.

Children