Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tabs and Content Pane Target URL
posted

I have an UltraWebTab control on my Page, having to two tabs that have their Content Pane Target URL properties set to some url. Autopostback is false and no tab change event is captured on server-side. When this page is opened in Firefox it loads the page in the tab from server whenever the tab is changed, where as in Internet Explorer the pages in tab are loaded first time and not reloaded in tab change.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a new web page and add UltraWebTab in it 2. Add a tab page and set its Content Pane -> Target URL to www.yahoo.com 3. Add another tab page and set its Content Pane -> Target URL to www.msn.com 4. Run the page in FireFox 2.0. Switch between tab page. Page will be reloaded.
5. Run the page in IE 7. Switch between tab page. Page will be loaded first time and on tab change the pages will not be reloaded.

Has anybody here experienced the same problem? How did you resolve this problem. 

Parents
    posted

Hi,

That behavior is correct. As far as I know the only IE loads hidden iframes and keeps them when their visibility is changed. That is a nice feature, but it takes a lot of resources, so other browsers do not do that. Only visible iframes are loaded and they are unloaded when iframes become invisible.

I would suggest you to set LoadAllTargetUrls property (supported by IE only) to false.

Reply Children