Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
.net2.0 SP1 causing all kinds of problems
posted

This is getting out of hand. First, my webcombos intefered with postback when placed on a formview edit template when the formview is in the AJAX panel.

Now WebGrid does not load the data when it is inside the AJAX panel.

I am getting all kinds of javascript errors occuring on line numbers way outside of my webpage html.

All of these problems started after installing the latest security updates from Microsoft.

Of course everything works fine if I dump the AJAX update panels, except that the whole point of AJAX is to stop the postback stuff!

Microsoft told me to contact the vendor of my WebControls.

Not to be a total jerk, but I though Infragistics had a close relationship with Microsoft. How could this happen? My customers are extremely livid. They do not understand how I could depend on a product that will fail everytime Microsoft issues a security update.

Parents
No Data
    posted

That is an awful experience, and one that I'm sorry you had to be put through.  I'm not sure if you're on the latest hotfix, but if you're not - I'd definitely recommend you give it a try.  If there were breaking changes, we may have already addressed them in a later build...  If you're on the latest hotfix and reproducing these errors, it sounds like we need to find out what changes were made that we didn't know about. 

I did a quick search of our bug base and couldn't find anything specific to SP1, but that could just be that it wasn't identified as the contributing factor. 

Normally, the Microsoft patches have little impact on our components - as they are mainly bug fixes.  I'm really shocked to hear that the SP broke so much functionality.  It sounds like this could possibly be a script caching issue, so just as a sanity check you may want to delete temporary internet files on the machine reproducing the problem, to see if that takes care of it. 

Also, I'd recommend you contact our support department (http://es.infragistics.com/gethelp) and get them the details on this problem. 

-Tony

Children