Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebMenu giving problem when used in UserControl
posted

I am using WebMenu as a contextmenu for ultrawebgrid cells. The contextmenu works fine if I place the webgrid and webmenu directly in the page. The problem starts when I am trying to create a usercontrol using webgrid and webmenu, contextmenuclick(right click on grid cell) gives me an error saying "Popup name not valid".

The code for showing the contextmenu is

igmenu_showMenu("<%=this.MROContextMenu.ClientID %>",null,0,0);

Can somebody point what I am missing!!

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

You  can use the client-side InitializeMenu event of UltraWebMenu to find out the ID of the menu, and later use it to show the context menu. I did a quick search in our forum archives and found out that a customer has reported a problem very similar to yours (same error message while trying to show context menu for grid or treeview) and as the discussion goes on, it appears that the InitializeMenu approach resolved the problem.

Link (I am using tinyurl since the link is very long and gets corrupted in the HTML editor Community Server is using): 

http://tinyurl.com/yu2qjd

I hope this helps. Please, let me know if this is not working / not applicable in your setup. 

Children