Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid - JavaScript getRow() performance problem
posted

Hello,

I have an editable ultrawebgrid where I update sums, key ratio etc in the grid as the user edit values. To do this I loop through the grid rows in JavaScript AfterExitEditMode. Now, the first time I edit a value in the grid it takes approximatly 33 sec for the script to run, and I loop through 25 rows. I have tracked the delay to this piece of code:

for (i = 0; i < rows.length; i++) {
            alert("2.0.1");
            row = rows.getRow(i);
            alert("2.0.2");

As I said, rows.length is equal to 25 in this case. The first three rows runs fast, but then at row four something happens. For the last 22 rows it takes approximately 1.5 seconds between the two alerts, which expains the 33 seconds it takes for the script to run.

This happens the first time the script run after a postback. If I edit a value a second and a third time without reloading the page or cause a postback, it runs as fast as it should.

Any idea what the problem with getRow() is and what I can do about the annoying delay?

Parents Reply Children