Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IG GridView vs .net gridview
posted

I was needing to create a grid control for my .net app, which will consist of an updateable grid that will allow certain rows to be editable, and certain rows to be non -editable.  I also want every new row to show drop down controls for each field, and when the user clicks a '+' icon on the actual new row, the grid should add a new row.  When the save button is clicked (not on the grid), the dropdown controls should be removed and the text that the user selected should remain.  The user should also be able to click a 'X' icon on each row to delete that particular row as needed.  Should I use the Infragistics gridview or asp.net gridview control?  Is there any sample applications I can use as a guide?

thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello,

Thanks for writing. Of course it would be much easier to achieve this with Infragistics UltraWebGrid (and some of the features you have described are not even possible with the standard asp:GridView control). I believe one of the best guides on the internet about implementing UltraWebGrid is the following great whitepaper:

Quick Guide to Implementing the NetAdvantage UltraWebGrid in a Real Life Scenario

http://dotnetslackers.com/articles/aspnet/QuickGuideToImplementingTheNetAdvantageUltraWebGrid.aspx

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Children