Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Top level MenuItem hovered will fresh the whole page in fireforx after upgrade from 2006 v3 to 2007 v3
posted

Hi,

I am using a UltraWebMenu and after a smooth upgrade of the whole web site from 2006 v3 to 2007 v3, in firefox (version 2.0.0.11) if the mouse cursor hovers on any of the top level menuitem which has no child items, the broswer will try to refresh the whole page which will keep flashing as long as the mouse cursor is kept hovering on the top menu item (no click any mouse button yet). and the selected item will be this menu item even without any mouse button clicked.

This behaviour will only presented in firefox , not in IE 7.0. I have tried to remove the WebAsyncRefreshPanel which wraps the  whole page , but this did not help.

I did search this forum and google, did not find a cure yet, so please help,

Thank you very much in advance,

Thomas 

Parents
    posted

I'm having the same issue when trying to make work the menu in Firefox.

If the top level MenuItem doesn't have any child the client itemclick() event is fired.

As I said in other post. WebMenu is not working in firefox, so I tried to find a way to make it work. 

So I implemented to client ItemClick() event like this: (In the codebehind MenuItem.Tag = "url" )

function ItemClick(mn, id) {var item = igmenu_getItemById(id);

var tag = item.getTag();

//alert(tag);

if(tag != null)

{

location.href=tag;

}

return false;

}

Now the menu is working in Firefox, but... now the problem is  that the first time you hover a top level Menu Item without children the ItemClick event is fired.

So, is it a bug? 

Thomas, did you solve your problem? did your menu work using the targetUrl property in firefox?
    Anyone as a webmenu working in Firefox ??

Thanks

Jorge

Reply Children