Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange WebCombo embeddable editor problem
posted

I am running a WebGrid with an embeddable editor webcombo as a value list. I set up the feature using the examples in the documentation and the grid loads as expected. The value columns is a Int32 column, as is the column of the webgrid. The text column is a list of text options to choose from. However, when the user selects an item in the webcombo, the value returned is 0, not the Int32 value for the selected row.

After playing around, I discovered that the value will only be set when the webcombo's DataValueField and DataTextField properties are pointing to the same field in the webcombo data source.

Why is this happening?

I get the same problem with the built in value list. Both columns in the value list have to be the same in order for the lookup to work.

Parents
    posted

Hello,

When you using the properties DataTextField and DataValueField of webcombo inside grid  it is importatnt to have in a matching  value type of DataValueField and the type of the column. In your case you have different types and for that reason UltraWebGrid returns default value which  for Int32 is 0 (zero). Please take a look at the attached sample (datasource is Northwind).
    Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Default.rar
Reply Children