Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
2 Webgrids Master Details
posted

I anticipate that I have over looked the obvious, but this one has me stumped.  The scenario is this:

• A web page with two grids, each being fed by its own SQLdatasource control.  One Grid is acting like a master, the other the detail (note:  because of the number of columns it is easier/better from an user interface point of view to use the two grids rather than bind a hierarchical data set to one grid).
  • The goal is that when the user selcts a row in Grid Parent, the key of that selected row is pased to the data source feeding grid detail and will display the associated detail records.
  • All is working correctly EXCEPT I keep losing the formating in the child grid.  The formating is setup in the InitializeLayout event, and when we first come into the page all looks good.  However when you change rows (which changes the data fed to this child grid) the formating is lost.
  • Running Debug it appears that though the layout in the child grid is being reset, I am never going back through the InitializeLayout for the child grid.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated.

Neil

Parents
No Data
    posted

Two questions:

Are you using a WebAsyncRefreshPanel or an UpdatePanel on your page?  If so, these may be causing your styles defined in InitializeLayout to be lost.  You may want to style your grids using CSS instead, if this is the case.

How are you passing the information from the parent grid to the child grid?  This may simply be an order-of-events issue, depending on what you're doing and when.

Children