Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Setting/Getting the DataSource
posted

I'm using Infragistics 2008 Volume 3 UltraWebGrid in an ASP.NET application targeting the 3.0 framework.  In my Page_Load I set UltraWebGrid1.DataSource to a dataset returned by another class.  The grid is populated all well and good.  I have edits/adds/deletes enabled on the grid.  I noticed that when I attempt to obtain the dataset bound to the grid's DataSource in a PostBack method call, it is set to Nothing.  How do I get the changes that may have been performed by the user to the grid?  Do I nee to catch the client side events and make the changes myself on a copy of the Dataset stored in a session variable?  I'm fairly new to the ASP.NET side of things.  On the WinForms side I'd just grab the dataset bound to the Datasource and call it's .HasChanges method to see if the user did anything;  Likewise, I could call the DataTables .GetChanges method to get just what has been changed.

If I am missing something totally obvious, please forgive my ignorace, otherwise and assistance would be appreciated.

Parents Reply Children