Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igtbl_needPostBack not working
posted

Hello, 

I'm trying to get a grid to postback after I change a cell,however igtbl_needPostBack isn't working.  I call the aftercellupdatehandler and the alert in the handler is getting called, but no postback.  is there a setting somewhere that I need to change so this will work?  I know a postback will update the database because I tried making a button action postback and that worked perfectly.  Any suggestions?

function MainGrid_AfterCellUpdateHandler(gridName, cellId) {
            alert("test");
            igtbl_needPostBack(gridName);
        }

Parents
    posted

Hello,

I think I might have an idea what is going on. For postback to occur immediately, you need to hook the server-side UpdateCell or UpdateRow events. If you do that, it will happen automatically. If you need to update batches of cells/rows, you can hook UpdateCellBatch or UpdateRowBatch events - in this case, postback will not happen for each cell but rather at once on postback.

So in thise case I think wiring the server-side events (the ones you need per your scenario) should address the problem.

Reply Children