Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TargetURL and groupby functionality
posted

Hi,

I am using NetAdvantage 2007.1 on .Net 1.1 and i am having following problem:

The TargetURL property is lost after a group by. I use the code found in the documentation:

UltraWebGrid1_InitializeRow(sender,
  Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs e)
{
e.Row.Cells[1].TargetURL = "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=" + e.Row.Cells[1].Value.ToString();
}

This works really great as long as you don't group the records in the grid. As soon as you group the rows, the TargetURL is reset and the hyperlink does not work anymore. There seems to be no way to trap the rows as they are being reinitialized neither on clientside nor on serverside because neither of these events are firing. The only event firing is the GroupColumn event on the server, from this event i do not seam to be able to get to the information on the grid as it is empty (I am using AJAX functionality to fill up the grid).

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Best Regards

Peter

Parents
No Data
    posted

This is not my area of expertise, but my guess is that if you're doing this on the server, you may need to re-DataBind the grid.

Somebody might spot something if you posted the code that does the GroupBy.

Children