Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Freeze column when not using a datasource
posted

I am using UltraWebGrid to populate data in a hierarchical format. I populate the data through code (row by row). There are 23 columns in the grid. I want to freeze the first two columns so that they will always be visible when the user scrolls the gird to right or left.

I tried setting the UseFixedHeader property of DisplayLayout to true and then setting the Fixed property of column headers to true. But its not working. I read somewhere that this works when you bind the grid with a datasource. Is there some way to freeze columns even when you are not using a datasource?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    posted

Fixed headers should function whether you're databinding the WebGrid or not.

Are you setting this information in the InitializeLayout event of WebGrid?  If so, I suggest that you move this until after you create your columns.  One major difference between databinding WebGrid and manually adding rows is that the manual process will not cause the InitializeLayout event to be raised.

If that doesn't help, I suggest that you submit a support request, since it's very likely that Developer Support will need to look at this more in-depth to find out why it's not working.

Children