Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dragging columns into Group By area
posted

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working for me. when I drag a column into the group by area above the grid all the data rows disappear!  I did almost make it work by enabling the row selector, then if I select the row I'm able to group by a single column.Unfortionately when I un-group the column by dragging it out of the group by box I again lose all the data rows.

The grid is also not creating the scrollable area correctly when I have the single column group working. when I expand the group the grids height is not big enough to see everything and I get this little scroll bar to scroll up and own with.

thanks

Parents
    posted

Hello,

Most probably this is related to databiding - after grouping you will either need to explicitly rebind the grid with data, or (I believe the better approach), use the InitializeDataSource event of the grid - it gets called automatically by the grid whenever it needs to be populated with data.

For more information on grid databiding, I recommend the following blog post:

http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/tony_lombardo/archive/2008/01/29/demystifying-infragistics-webgrid-databinding.aspx 

Reply Children