Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Design time problem
posted

I'm adding a tab control and have to manually add the child tabs. If I open the designer it then adds the tab yet again with a different assembly pathing name.

As in, I start with this (ending tags omitted for readability);

<igtab:UltraWebTab ID="uwtPeople" runat="server" BorderColor="#949878"

BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" ThreeDEffect="False">

<tabs>

<igtab:tab key="Buyer" text="Buyer"></igtab:tab>

After I open the designer I get;

<igtab:UltraWebTab ID="uwtPeople" runat="server" BorderColor="#949878"

BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" ThreeDEffect="False">

<tabs>

<igtab:tab key="Buyer" text="Buyer"></igtab:tab>

<Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.Tab Key="Buyer" Text="Buyer"></Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.Tab>

I also get this when I initially add the control

<Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.Tab Key="Buyer" Text="Buyer"></Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebTab.Tab>

Anyone got any ideas?

Parents
    posted

Yes, this type of problem may occur if for some reason the design-time assembly of the control (named Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebTab.v8.2.Design) is not correctly referenced from the global assembly cache.

Is there anything special in your setup, for example, have you explicitly added a reference to this assembly in your project, and is it located in your /bin folder? I believe in this case you will need to remove it from there - the design time assemblies need to be in the GAC (c:\windows\assembly) only.

Also, any additional information will surely provide further clues (e.g. which versions are you using, do you have different versions of the IG controls installed on your development machine, are you using version mapping using bindingRedirect, etc)

Reply Children