Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Indigo Studio crashes when I run Internet Explorer
posted

I have a regular and 100% repeatable crash issue. If I load up Indigo Studio first then try and launch Internet Explorer, it crashes every time with the same error (given below).

I'm running Windows 7 Professional Edition on a Toshiba Portege R700-15X. Internet Explorer version is 9.0.8112. Indigo Studio is fully updated to the latest release.

There are always two entries in the Event Log as follows:

Entry 1:

Application: Indigo Studio.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 60296195

Entry 2:

Faulting application name: Indigo Studio.exe, version: 1.0.140.203, time stamp: 0x520032f4

Faulting module name: libcef.DLL, version: 3.1453.1255.0, time stamp: 0x518aa75e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x005b6195

Faulting process id: 0x106c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce981c34f46c5e

Faulting application path: C:\Users\exs.ROOM\AppData\Local\Infragistics\Indigo Studio\Indigo Studio.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\exs.ROOM\AppData\Local\Infragistics\Indigo Studio\libcef.DLL

Report Id: 90b56d54-040f-11e3-bde1-002318058185

Anyone have any ideas? this doesn't happen with any other software as far as I can tell, just IE and it's every single time.

Thanks,
Eddie Solman

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Eddie,

We've seen this crash reported by other customers, but we could not reproduce it yet. It's high priority for us to fix it.

Do you have a proxy configured in IE? It seems to be related to that.

We are building an app that hosts the libcef.dll outside of Indigo (libcef.dll is a native dll a component that lets us host the Chrome engine in a Windows app), and documenting a way to get the crash dumps with a debug version of that DLL so we can get more information. We'll send that to customers experiencing the issue. Let me know if you are interested in getting it.

Thanks for your help.

Andres

Children